Saint Andrew Catholic School is the parish school for the community of Saint Andrew Catholic Church located near TCU on the southwest side of Fort Worth, Texas. Most, though certainly not all, of our students are children of the Saint Andrew parish family. We are the largest school in the Fort Worth Diocese with an enrollment of approximately 680 students in preschool through 8th grade and 62 staff members.
Saint Andrew Catholic School opened Monday morning, September 13, 1954, with 270 students, First through Eighth grades. The school was staffed by the Sisters of Saint Mary of Namur, from Our Lady of Victory Provincial House a few miles away, along with a few lay teachers. The first principal was Sr. Marie Magdalene Barrios.
Saint Andrew Catholic School is now stronger than ever with innovative programs, a deeply valued social ministry outreach, continuous progress leveling in reading and math, and a flexible upper grade program of electives. Our students consistently have won recognition from the Duke University Academic Talent Search, have been state finalists in the National Geography Bee 11 out of 14 times, and have won appointments to summer academic talent camps. Saint Andrew was the first school in Tarrant County, public or private, to have every classroom and office fully connected to the internet and to each other. In addition, our students upon graduation from high school, have then gone on to most of the universities in Texas, to Yale, Harvard, Notre Dame, Stanford, and many others.
Above all, Saint Andrew Catholic School continues to fulfill its mission to educate children to develop their God-given talents, and to adopt a world view proper to those who know that they are children of God, brothers and sisters of each other, and citizens of two worlds.